We have decided to do a Louisiana Governors race poll that includes potential candidates for governor that have not made an announcement. We have chosen to update this poll to include all potential candidates. We have not included candidates that may run as an independent, with the exception of Lt. General Honore. While many suspect that Lt General Honore would run as a Republican candidate, it is uncertain whether he would run as a Republican.
We include “other” in our poll so that people who would like to vote can leave a comment below about who they would support.
Below the Governor’s race poll is a second poll. The second part of the poll is still geared towards conservatives.
Who do you support for Governor?
- David Vitter - Republican (31%, 93 Votes)
- Scott Angelle - Republican (26%, 78 Votes)
- John Bel Edwards (Democrat) (19%, 57 Votes)
- Jay Dardenne - Republican (13%, 38 Votes)
- Russell L Honoré (potential candidate) (5%, 14 Votes)
- Other (Please comment below) (2%, 7 Votes)
- Burl Cain - Republican (potential candidate) (2%, 7 Votes)
- Buddy Roemer - Republican (Potential candidate) (1%, 4 Votes)
- Rodney Alexander - Republican (potential candidate) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Foster Campbell (Democrat) (1%, 2 Votes)
- Jeremy Odom (Democrat) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Gerald Long - Republican (potential candidate) (0%, 1 Votes)
- Tony Clayton (Democrat) (0%, 0 Votes)
- James Bernhard (Democrat) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 304
The second part of our Louisiana governors race poll is the issues poll. We strive to cover all issues, however, we encourage you to check other and leave a comment below for an issue that you would like to see addressed if we did not include it in our poll. You may select up to 3 issues. Both of our polls end on August 1, 2015. Please share these polls with your fellow Louisiana friends.
What are the 3 most important issues to you in the upcoming Governor's race?
- Balancing of budget (53%, 98 Votes)
- Improving roads and infrastructure (48%, 88 Votes)
- Nullifying Obamacare at the state level (44%, 82 Votes)
- Stopping Common Core (38%, 71 Votes)
- Tax reduction (21%, 38 Votes)
- Misuse of legal authority (20%, 37 Votes)
- Protecting religious freedom (18%, 34 Votes)
- Other (Please comment below) (14%, 25 Votes)
- Tax credits (10%, 19 Votes)
Total Voters: 185
Rodney Alexander – No link available
Buddy Roemer – No link available
Burl Cain – No link available
Gerald Long – No link available